"Living in the city provides fantastic work-life balance" ... said no-one ... ever ...
As a Geotechnical Engineer we know you will love all that appears below ground level, whether it's hot ground, steep slopes, clay, pumice and the other stuff you like to get your hands on. Why not come and work with Cheal, where we offer interesting and diverse projects, a supportive work environment, career progression and in our books, exceptional work-life balance (think skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, zero traffic, affordable property, a real sense of community, great place for the kids, you get the picture ...).
Interested? Then read on; we know Engineers like detail ....
Cheal is a multi-disciplinary organisation with six offices across the Central North Island offering Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying, 3D Laser Scanning, Precision Monitoring and Resource Management Planning. We need an experienced Geotechnical Engineer
to join our Taupo
team. This position is suited to someone who is able to work autonomously yet play an important role within our Geotechnical team.
If you can display the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil-Geotechnical or Engineering Geology
- Ideally CPEng with a current practising certificate issued by Engineering NZ, or working towards your application.
- At least 4-6 years' experience in the New Zealand consultancy environment
- A keen sense of humour and a strong team player
- Proven experience in job procurement and pricing
- Exceptional client management and communication skills
The Cheal culture is one of family, teamwork, community and communication with a commitment to quality and a high level of technical expertise. We provide a high level of support to those wishing to pursue a progressive career path.
Full, New Zealand driving licence and experience in driving a manual transmission 4WD utility vehicle essential
Cheal is committed to Health and Safety and equal opportunities in the workplace.