One thing we don't understand at Cheal is why people think that living in the city provides the best in work-life balance? We know where we'd rather be, and just to be clear it doesn’t involve 2 hours’ commuting every day.
If you’ve been thinking of making a bold move, Cheal offers interesting and diverse projects, a supportive work environment, career progression and in our books, exceptional work-life balance (think skiing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, no traffic, affordable property, a real sense of community, great place for the kids, you get the picture?).
Cheal has been specialising in Land Development since 1940. We are a multi-disciplinary organisation with 6 offices across the Central North Island offering Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying, and Resource Management Planning. We seek a Chartered Structural Engineer to join our Taupo office and to continue to develop and grow our regional Structural team whilst playing an important part in the wider Cheal Engineering team.
If you're keen on exploring a challenge, we would like to hear from candidates who can display the following attributes:
- Current Practising Certificate as a Chartered Professional Engineer (NZ) or close to it
- At least 5 years' experience in New Zealand structural design
- Exposure to seismic design (DSA's, strengthening etc)
- Proficiency in timber, concrete, steel, wind & EQ design
- Experience with 3D modelling (SAP or ETABS preferable)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Either experienced in or you would like the opportunity to lead a team of young professionals
- A real team person with drive and determination
The Cheal culture is one of teamwork and exceptional communication with a commitment to quality outcomes. We provide a relaxed work environment with flexibility and a strong commitment to well-being.
Applicants who do not possess the required attributes may not be considered.
Cheal is committed to Health and Safety and equal opportunities in the workplace.
If you would like further information, please contact Rebecca Hawke on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 223 0083 to discuss.