If you have considered leaving the larger centres for a better career/lifestyle balance, Cheal is an organisation that provides both. Located in the heart of the Central Hamilton, our Hamilton office is part of a network of 6 branches throughout the central North Island, each providing services across Engineering, Surveying and Planning. We provide a challenging work environment coupled with a diverse team of professionals that is welcoming to all.
We need a Chartered Geotechnical Engineer to join our Hamilton team. This position is suited to someone who is able to work autonomously as a Lead Engineer in our Hamilton office, whilst playing a key role in a wider Geotech team across several Cheal offices.
If you can display the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil-Geotechnical or Engineering Geology
- CPEng with a current practising certificate issued by Engineering NZ
- A keen sense of humour and a strong team player
- Proven experience in job procurement and pricing
- Exceptional client management skills
- A drive to grow and develop people and business
- Excellent written communication skills
The Cheal culture is one of family, teamwork, community and exceptional communication with a commitment to quality and a high level of technical expertise. We provide a high level of support to those wishing to pursue a successful career path.
Applicants will be New Zealand or equivalent (recognised by NZQA) qualified and experienced and must have the right to work in New Zealand. Full, clean driving licence and experience in driving a manual transmission 4WD utility vehicle essential
Cheal is committed to Health and Safety and equal opportunities in the workplace.