If you have considered leaving the larger centres for a better career/lifestyle balance, Cheal is an organisation that provides both, and how often does an opportunity like this come up in the beautiful Taupo region?
We have a network of 6 branches throughout the central North Island, each providing services across Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying and Planning. We provide an exceptional work environment and a wide variety of challenging projects, coupled with a diverse team of professionals that is welcoming to all.
We have a vacancy in our Taupo branch for an experienced Chartered Geotechnical Engineer. This role is suited to someone who is able to work autonomously as a Lead Engineer in our head office, whilst playing a key role in a wider Geotech team across our organisation.
If you can display the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil-Geotechnical or Engineering Geology
- CPEng with a current practising certificate issued by Engineering NZ, or close to submitting an application
- A keen sense of humour and a strong team player
- Proven experience in job procurement and pricing
- Exceptional client management skills
- A drive to grow and develop people and business
- Excellent written communication skills
The Cheal culture is one of family, teamwork, community and exceptional communication with a commitment to quality and a high level of technical expertise. We provide a high level of support to those wishing to pursue a successful career path.
Applicants will hold the status of Chartered Professional Engineer, issued by Engineering New Zealand. Full, clean driving licence and experience in driving a manual transmission 4WD utility vehicle essential. Cheal is committed to Health and Safety and equal opportunities in the workplace.